Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Where have we been, where are we going?

Well, it's been ever since I've posted anything on my humble blog here. Mostly this is due to sheer laziness on my part, but I like to tell myself that because it's finally sunny out in this stretch of the woods, I'm entirely justified in laying off the laptop and absconding to the nearest park to loll around in the shade with the book du jour.

But another idea has been playing around in the back of my mind. This reader's year has been up for quite a while, and I'm wondering if it's time to take the blog in another direction. There will still be reviews of the books I'm reading (I'm pretty sure, at least), but maybe there'll be some more musings on reading, library life, publishing or culture in general. Perhaps some linking to whatever strikes me as especially amusing--or particularly galling. Which will probably make it just like every other blog out there, but as it's my blog, it will be that much more special. I feel the need to do something different. God knows, if it wasn't this, it would probably be rearranging the furniture in the living room. I'm a little frightened of what I might find under the sofa, so this seems like a better choice for all involved.

So, stay tuned. The address won't change, the old posts will remain accessible in the archive (Blogger willing), and I might change my mind in a few days anyway. Stay tuned and check back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Bibliomane!
As long as you keep blogging I'll be happy. I love reading whatever you write about!

Bibliomane said...

My humble thanks. If my efforts can be a fraction as helpful in suggesting good reads as your blogs have been, I will truly be content.